EFI Bytes, s.r.o., ID No.: 10845364,
602 00 Brno,
registered in the Commercial Register at the Commercial Register Office in Brno, Section C, Insert 123205
I. Conditions and method of accommodation
1. EFI Byty, s.r.o. Reg. No.: 10845364, with registered office at Bratislavská 234/52, Zábrdovice, 602 00 Brno, registered in the Commercial Register maintained by the Regional Court in Brno, Section C, Insert 123205 (hereinafter referred to as “the accommodation provider”) operating the accommodation facility EFI Residence Holzova (hereinafter referred to as “the hostel”) is entitled to accommodate only the client who duly registers. For this purpose, he/she shall present his/her ID card or other valid ID card, passport or other travel document within the meaning of the Act on the Residence of Foreigners in the Czech Republic to the staff of the hostel for inspection immediately upon arrival.
2. Every client who is not a citizen of the Czech Republic (foreigner) is obliged to fill in and hand in the official document on reporting his/her stay, presented to the client on arrival by the hostel employee, within the meaning of the Act on the Residence of Foreigners in the Czech Republic, as amended, and is obliged to provide all the required information truthfully and completely.
3. On the basis of the ordered accommodation, the client can check in on the day of arrival between 4 pm and 10 pm. Until that time, the hostel will reserve a room for the client, unless otherwise requested in the order and confirmed by the hostel.
4. A client who insists on accommodation before 09.30 is obliged to pay the full price for the previous night, unless the hostel has agreed otherwise with the client in advance.
5. The client shall check out no later than 11.00 a.m. The room will be vacated by this time, unless otherwise agreed individually and in advance. If the client does not vacate the room by 11.00 a.m., the hostel may charge the client for the entire following day, unless otherwise agreed in advance; this does not affect the termination of the accommodation relationship between the hostel and the guest on the date on which the guest should have properly vacated the room (the day of the end of the stay). If the guest fails to vacate the room, the hostel reserves the right to deny the guest access to the room and in the event of unpaid payment for the stay or other claims against the guest, the hostel reserves the right to exercise a right of retention on movable property brought into the room by the guest. The room shall be deemed vacated after the guest has removed all his/her belongings from the room, handed over the key to an authorised employee of the hostel and announced that he/she is checking out of the accommodation. The hostel reserves the right to check the room inventory (furniture, appliances, forgotten items) and the client’s payment and consumption within 1 hour of the room being vacated. The hostel is not responsible for movable items brought into the room by the guest after the guest vacates the room or after the accommodation relationship between the hostel and the guest has ended.
6. If the guest requests an extension of the accommodation, the hostel may offer him/her another room at a different price than the original one. In this case, the client is not entitled to accommodation in the room in which he/she was originally accommodated, nor to accommodation in another room of the hostel, if this is not possible due to capacity or operational reasons of the hostel.
7. The hostel reserves the right in exceptional cases to offer the client a different accommodation than the one originally agreed upon, as long as it does not differ significantly from the confirmed order.
8. The hostel provides services to its clients to the extent that they have been mutually agreed upon and to the extent that the relevant applicable legislation stipulates. The client is obliged to pay for the accommodation and services provided in accordance with the hostel’s price list in force no later than on the day of the start of the stay. The terms of payment are hereby inviolable under the accommodation contracts. The price list for temporary accommodation and other services is available at the reception of the hostel.
9. The hostel reserves the right not to accommodate the client if the guest’s clothing or behaviour does not correspond to good manners, the guest is obviously under the influence of alcohol or psychotropic substances or the guest or his/her clothing or luggage is excessively soiled.
10. The client is obliged to adapt his/her stay in the hostel and all its facilities and operations to his/her current state of health and physical and mental abilities.
II. Payment for accommodation provided and cancellation fees
1. The client is obliged to pay the price for accommodation and services provided in accordance with the valid price list of the hostel, but no later than on the day of the start of the stay on the basis of a bill or invoice, together with an account of the advances provided by the client. The bill or invoice is payable on presentation to the client.
2. The price list for temporary accommodation and other services is available at the reception of the hostel.
3. The hostel reserves the right to require the client’s credit card details at the time of booking, as well as a deposit of the price of the entire stay at the hostel. The reservation becomes binding for the hostel only after the deposit has been paid to the hostel’s account. The hostel is entitled to block the amount of the deposit on the payment card whose number is provided by the client at the time of booking, in the form of pre-authorisation of payment.
4. In case the client cancels the reservation no later than 6:00 p.m. on the 14th day before the day on which the accommodation was to start, the cancellation is free of charge and the hostel cancels the pre-authorisation of payment on the payment card whose number was provided by the client at the time of booking.
5. In case the client cancels the reservation after 18:00 on the 14th day before the day on which the accommodation should have started, the cancellation will be charged. The Hostel will charge the Client’s credit card for the amount corresponding to the payment for the stay by completing the pre-authorised payment or by offsetting the deposit paid.
6. In case the client cancels more than one room, the cancellation is subject to a cancellation fee. The hostel will charge the client’s credit card the amount corresponding to the payment for all rooms and the total amount by completing the pre-authorised payment or by offsetting the deposit paid.
7. In the event that the client cancels the reservation of more than one room after 6:00 p.m. of the day that is the twentieth day before the day on which the accommodation was to start, the cancellation will be charged. The hostel will charge the client’s credit card for the amount corresponding to the payment for all rooms for the entire length of stay by completing the pre-authorised payment or by offsetting the deposit paid.
8. In the event of a shortened stay by the client, the hostel has the right to charge the client the full amount of the agreed price for the entire booked length of stay.
9. A proper cancellation of a reservation must be communicated in writing, electronically or by telephone directly with the hostel and may be made no later than 6 pm on the day which is the fourteenth day before the day on which the accommodation was to start.
10. The hostel is entitled to charge the client for damaged or destroyed room equipment, and the hostel is entitled to block and charge the amounts so charged to the guest’s credit card.
III. Liability of the hostel and the client
1. The hostel shall be liable for damage caused to items brought in and deposited by the client in the accommodation area in accordance with generally binding regulations.
2. The hostel provides guests with security safes in which it recommends placing valuables.
3. The hostel shall inform the client of the value of the room/apartment inventory. The client shall be liable for any damage caused to the equipment or inventory of the hostel in accordance with the relevant applicable legislation. In the event of damage or destruction of the property of the hostel, the hostel is entitled to compensation. The value of the room inventory is set out in a written record located at the reception. It is in the client’s interest to inform himself about its contents in case of deterioration or damage to the room equipment. The client, as the legal representative, is responsible for damages caused by minors for whom he/she is responsible, as well as for damages caused by persons or animals who are on the premises of the hostel and whose stay there is made possible by the client.
4. In the event of damage to the property of the hostel caused by the client, the client is obliged to pay compensation for the damage caused no later than on the day of the end of the client’s stay or on the basis of an invoice issued within 14 days of the end of the client’s stay, payable within 10 days of delivery to the client, provided that the hostel decides on such a method of payment for the damage.
5. In the event that the client refuses to pay the price for the damaged or destroyed hostel equipment in accordance with these Accommodation Terms and Conditions, the hostel is entitled to charge the client a contractual penalty of 0.05% per day of the amount due for each day of delay, together with interest on the delay in the amount specified by generally binding legislation.
6. The hostel is not responsible for theft or damage to motor vehicles, motorcycles or bicycles left in the hostel parking lot. The hostel advises guests to make sure that their cars are properly locked and secured. It is also recommended that personal belongings are not left loose in the car. The hostel is not responsible for any damage caused by the guest in the garages or parking lots of the hostel to third parties. The hostel reserves the right to claim and charge for damage caused to the property of the hostel by the guest’s vehicle, even if the damage was caused by a third party in the guest’s vehicle or by the guest in a third party vehicle.
7. The client is obliged to behave in such a way as to prevent damage to health, property, nature and the environment. The hostel recommends that the client keeps the front door locked while staying in the room. Before opening the door to strangers, the client should check the reason for entering the room and in case of any doubt, contact the hostel staff immediately. Before leaving the room, the guest shall properly check that the windows and doors are closed.
8. The hostel is not responsible for any damage caused outside the hostel premises.
IV. Meals and consumption of alcoholic beverages
1. Clients are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages on the premises of the hostel.
2. Only the kitchen area is reserved for cooking in the hostel premises, food preparation in other rooms is prohibited.
3. The client is obliged to inform the hostel staff of any serious health limitations and report them before the start of the accommodation.
V. General Provisions.
1. Guests are not entitled to receive visitors in the premises of the hostel or to allow access to the premises of the hostel to non-accommodated third parties.
2. In the rooms and common areas of the hostel, the guest may not move interior furnishings, make any changes or modifications to the hostel furnishings, tamper with the electrical network or other installations without the consent of the responsible staff member or the hostel management.
3. Guests are not allowed to use their own electrical appliances in the hostel and especially in the room. This regulation does not apply to electrical personal hygiene appliances (shaver, massager, hairdryer, etc.) and small household electronics (laptop, mobile phone, etc.).
4. Clients are not allowed to bring items into their rooms for storage for which the hostel has allocated other places, e.g. sports equipment, prams, bicycles, trolleys, etc. The client should contact the hostel’s designated staff member for the storage of such items. For damage to the property of the hostel caused despite this prohibition, the guest will be charged full compensation. In the event of a violation of this prohibition, the hostel is entitled to charge the client a contractual penalty of CZK 1,000. CZK for each violation. In case the damage caused is higher, the hostel reserves the right to charge the full amount of the damage.
5. Smoking is only allowed in the designated areas of the hostel courtyard. Smoking is strictly prohibited in the rooms. In the event of a breach of this ban, the hostel is entitled to charge the client a contractual penalty of EUR 100 for each breach. In the event that the damage caused is higher, the hostel reserves the right to charge the full amount. Smoke and heat detectors are installed in the rooms and connected to the central security desk. In the event that a guest violates the prohibition of smoking and handling of open flames or smoke sources and causes the fire brigade to call out, the guest will be charged for damages related to the fire brigade call-out in addition to the contractual penalty. Unauthorised tampering with smoke detectors or other safety features is prohibited. For any interference with the functionality of smoke detectors or other safety features, the hostel is entitled to charge the client a contractual penalty of EUR 100.
6. The hostel strictly prohibits the use of any narcotic or psychotropic substances. The hostel is entitled to inform the Police of the Czech Republic and immediately cancel the accommodation of the guest who violated this prohibition without compensation.
7. Dogs and other animals may be on the premises of the hostel only with the consent of the responsible employee of the hostel or by prior agreement of the client with the hostel, provided that the owner proves their medical fitness. The price for accommodation of the animal is charged according to the valid price list. The following measures apply to the accommodation of dogs and other animals:
– Dogs and other animals are not allowed to enter or remain in areas where food is stored or prepared or where food and beverages are served.
– All dogs must be leashed and muzzled in all public areas of the hostel.
– Dogs and other animals shall not be allowed to rest/lie on a bed or other device used for the client’s rest.
– Inventory that is used to prepare or serve food to guests shall not be used to feed dogs or other animals.
– In the event of any damage to the accommodation facilities by an animal, the client is obliged to pay the full amount of the damage.
– The owner of the animal and the client who allowed the animal to stay in the room are fully responsible for the animal.
– For the above-mentioned violations of the rules and measures, except for direct damage to property, which is charged to the guest in full, the guest will be charged for additional cleaning of the room or area contaminated by the animal up to the amount of CZK 1,000. CZK.
– The Hostel reserves the right to charge the full direct cleaning costs in excess of the above amount, if applicable. The hostel also reserves the right to reimburse/pay for new bedding used for the animals’ rest. These bedding items will be charged to the guest in full.
– Cleaning and checking of the room where the guest is staying with the animal must be allowed in such a way as not to endanger the staff or other guests of the hostel. Inspection must be allowed at least once a day to detect any damage or excessive soiling.
8. Before leaving, the client must turn off the taps in the room, turn off the lights in the room, close the door to the balcony in a room with a balcony, close the windows and lock the door. For the loss of keys, the hostel charges CZK 200 per piece.
9. Clients are obliged to put garbage exclusively in the designated containers in the designated places.
10. For safety reasons, the hostel recommends not to leave children under 12 years of age without adult supervision in the room or in other common areas of the hostel.
11. From 22.00 to 06.00, the client is obliged to observe night-time quiet. With the consent of the operator (manager or representative), social events may be organised in the hostel after 22.00 h in the designated areas. Excessive noise is prohibited in the premises during the day. In the event that the client makes excessive noise, he/she will be warned by the hostel staff to refrain from such behaviour, otherwise it will be considered as a gross violation of these Accommodation Regulations.
12. The client shall not carry weapons or ammunition on the premises of the hostel or store them in any way in a condition allowing their immediate use.
13. A questionnaire is available at the reception.
14. Disputes arising from this contract will be settled through the courts in the Czech Republic. In disputes for damages in which the defendant is a person residing in an EU Member State, the court of the place where the damage occurred shall have jurisdiction pursuant to Article 5(3) of Council Regulation (EC) No 44/2001 of 22 December 2000 on jurisdiction and the recognition and enforcement of judgments in civil and commercial matters.
15. In accordance with Section 14 of Act No. 634/1992 Coll., on Consumer Protection, the hostel informs the client about the possibility of settling any disputes out of court through the Czech Trade Inspection Authority (in accordance with Section 20e of Act No. 634/1992 Coll.), the Internet address of the Czech Trade Inspection Authority can be found here: http://www.coi.cz/.
16. In the event that the client fails to comply with the accommodation rules, the hostel management has the right to withdraw from the provision of accommodation services and to withdraw from the accommodation contract before the expiry of the agreed time. In such a case, the hostel is entitled to a full refund of the accommodation price. The client must then leave the hostel immediately. The client is obliged to familiarize himself with the operating and safety rules of the hostel, including all its facilities and to strictly observe them.
17. The Guest providing the accommodation provider with his/her personal data from his/her documents at the commencement of the accommodation service consents to the manual and automatic processing of the personal data he/she has provided for the period of time necessary. The purpose of the processing is to provide accommodation services as well as to offer other products and services. This consent is granted to the accommodation provider and to all companies that form a group with it. The guest is entitled to withdraw this consent at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by sending a letter to the address of the company’s registered office.
18. With regard to the obligation to report accommodation according to Act No. 326/1999 Coll. to the Police of the Czech Republic, the guest shall present a valid passport or personal identification document no later than upon receipt of the room key, and agrees to the photocopying of such document for the purposes of the accommodation provider’s records. In the event that the guest fails to present the above-mentioned document, the accommodation provider reserves the right not to accommodate the guest, and in the event of cancellation of the reservation, the guest is obliged to pay the cancellation fee according to point II, paragraph 6 of these conditions.
19. Any disputes that arise will be settled under Czech law through the courts in the Czech Republic. The place of jurisdiction is the Czech Republic. The applicable language shall be Czech.
20. The accommodation of guests is governed by Czech law, based on Czech law, and these Accommodation Rules. By checking in, the guest accepts the Accommodation Regulations as the terms and conditions of the accommodation and is obliged to comply with its provisions. The guest is obliged to familiarize himself with these accommodation rules, his ignorance will not be taken into account.
The accommodation rules are valid from 2.1.2023